Sent 23/06/2017 18:47:00
Neighbourhood Watch in Nottinghamshire
Sent 23/06/2017 17:08:00
Sent 22/06/2017 10:05:00
|NottsWatch and CNNWC agree to amalgamate|
|Neighbourhood Watch AGM 27th April 2013|
|Neighbourhood Watch wins prestigious Queen's Award|
|Joint NW Conference a Great Success|
Scam Advice - What to look out for?
On a daily basis, people and businesses across the UK fall victim to scams of one type or another. They range from unexpected prize draw or lottery win, or a chance to invest in an exciting new money-making or investment programme. But remember the basic premis is, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Scams are dishonest attempts to part you with your money. Scams may reach you in the form of letters, emails, telephone calls and text messages and take many forms including fake lotteries, miracle health goods, bogus holidays, phoney job offers, pyramid schemes, internet fraud and financial scams. Visit the Consumer Direct website to find out about common types of scams.
There are a number of warning signs you can look out for if something seems too good to be true :
- Was the offer unsolicited?
- Why do I have to respond at once? What's the rush?
- Do I have to make a purchase to win a prize?
- Do I have to ring a premium rate number?
- Do I have to give my bank or credit card details?
- Is the business reluctant to give their address or contact details?
- Am I being asked to keep it confidential?
- Does it look too good to be true?
This information is for guidance only.
- Available systems :
- Broxtowe Community,
- Bulwell Community,
- Lenton Abbey,
- North Notts Community,
- Nottinghamshire Business Watch,
- Sherwood and Mapperley Park,
- Neighbourhood Watch,
- The Nottingham Park Estate Limited,
- Bestwood and Top Valley Community,
- Wollaton Community,
- Neighbourhood Alert,
- Hucknall Community,
- East Bassetlaw,
- West Bassetlaw ,
- Newark Community,
- Sherwood Nottinghamshire,
- Mansfield Alert,
- Warsop Alert,
- Bakersfield Community,
- Bilborough Community,
- Broxtowe Nottingham,
- Clifton Community,
- Dunkirk Community,
- Forest Fields Community,
- Mapperley Community,
- Meadows Community,
- Nottingham City Community,
- Old Basford Community,
- Radford Community,
- Sneinton Community,
- St Anns Community,
- Wilford Community,
- NottsWatch Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Neighbourhood Watch,